Re: [RTTY] No RTTY Contests in June - Replacement for ANARTS Contest?

To: RTTY@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] No RTTY Contests in June - Replacement for ANARTS Contest?
From: "Frank Hunt" <zl2br@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 18:05:58 +1200
I will certainly miss the ANARTS contest, as the scoring format
certainly helped to 'level the playing field' for those of us
disadvantaged (or lucky enough!) to live far away from the main
population centres of the world.

>From my prospective the second weekend in June is preferred
as the third weekend in September clashes with the SAC CW
contest. The SARTG 3x8 hour format looks good to me.

As the contact points are directly proportional to the distances
between zones, would like to suggest that multipliers be Zones only
and not DXCC entities and maybe the contest name could be the
"Interzone RTTY Contest".

73, Frank ZL2BR/ZM2B