[RTTY] Question: Alinco DX-70 for RTTY

To: RTTY contest group <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Question: Alinco DX-70 for RTTY
From: David VE3VID <ve3vid@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 15:17:57 -0400
I have a couple questions about the Alinco DX-70 100w series of HF rigs before
buying one.  If anyone knows or has used on of these I'd appreciate some
help.................

1)  The manual says it does AFSK RTTY but does not mention if the PA is rated
for 100% duty cycle.

2)  What years were these radios made?

3)  Is this a good rig for RTTY or is it a dud?

4)  Its small size and weight would be great for travel when I'm portable VY0.
What would be a reasonable price used?

Thanks for any comments

David

     VE3VID          Located in rural Canada