[RTTY] MMTTY problems with SO2R

To: <rtty@contesting.com>, <N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com>, <microHAM@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [RTTY] MMTTY problems with SO2R
From: "Bill Axelrod" <bill@axelrods.org>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 16:55:27 -0500
All,

    I am having a N1MM/MMTTY problem that keeps me from being able to
operate SO2R in RTTY contests.  Obviously, I need to fix it to end the
withdrawal suffering.  I posted this problem on the reflectors a few weeks
ago but still haven't found the error of my ways. haven't found it yet.

     Background info.  I migrated to a new computer about a month ago.
Previously, I had a Windows XP machine.  I ran the then latest version of
N1MM and two instances of MMTTY.  I use the MicroHAM MK2R+ interface.

     Before I changed computers, I made a screen copy of each N1MM, MMTTY,
and MK2R+ configuration screen to use as a guide in the migration.

     My new computer is a Windows 7 machine.  I installed all the software
in the same configuration I had on my XP machine execpt that I installed the
N1MM and the two MMTTY program directories directly under the C:\ (root)
rather than in the Program Files (X86) directory as had been suggested on
the various reflectors.

     I configured the software exactly as I had it on the XP machine and
then changed the software paths to reflect the differences on the Windows 7
machine.  Most everything works fine except that I can not get both
instances of MMTTY to initialize for SO2R RTTY.

     If I start MMTTY 1 first, it starts and runs without a hitch.  Then,
when I try to start the second digital window, MMTTY 2 fails to initialize.
The second digital windows opens and keeps trying to initialize MMTTY It
never gets there.

     If I start MMTTY 2 first, it starts and runs without a hitch.  Then,
when I try to start the second digital window, MMTTY 1 fails to initialize.
The second digital windows opens and keeps trying to initialize MMTTY.  It
never gets there.

     I can run both MMTTY 1 and 2 instances simultaneously IF I don't open
N1MM logger and start each MMTTY instance from it's program directory.

     Do you have any tips on a problem like this or maybe another go-to
person?

     Thank you and thanks in advance.

73...   Bill ND9E