[RTTY] Re the E4X

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Re the E4X
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 19:54:42 +0100
Bill (W6WRT) and Don (AA5AU),

Thanks for the response. It was indeed a pleasure to work such a well
organised crew.
Bill, I actually didn't work them on 10m, although the log said I had for a
while, but that was corrected, and now properly shows the contact on 6m.

Don, yes, they were good at keeping on with the RTTY on any band they were
on. They stuck with a band for as long as possible, which meant most of the
day on some bands, but only while open for the likes of 10m/12m.

The 6m contact was just a try, and I was very surprised to get in on the 2nd
call. The sad part is that I am not that interested in 6m, but I have used
6m in the past, and there may come a day when I want to start chasing RTTY
on 6m.
I don't have the stats to hand, but I think this is only my 2nd or 3rd RTTY
contact on 6m.

Well done on the contacts, especially 40m! I did try, but the lack of power
really does make it hard sometimes.
I think 10k+ RTTY contacts is a decent effort from the E4X team, and I wish
other DXPeditions would make more of an effort on RTTY too. Some are
beginning to learn, but some still seem too slow to realise the number of
RTTY ops around!

I missed the 3C9B as I couldn't hear them well enough to try. And, I had
limited time fothe time they were there. I am hoping to get 3C0 though, and
will spend a bit more time trying.

I know it is easy for us in EU to say that E4X was easy, and I do realise
just how hard it can be from W6/7 or the "black hole" up north, but it's the
same for us when we see all those spots for T30 etc, with comments like
BOOMING IN from W's.

Oh well, another good expedition over!

73 all

Phil GU0SUP

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100608-1, 08/06/2010
Tested on: 08/06/2010 19:54:42