Re: [RTTY] MMTTY 1.65 vs 1.66

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] MMTTY 1.65 vs 1.66
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 17:12:15 -0400
 > Are there improvements in 1.66 that make the upgrade worth the
 > effort?

The upgrades from MMTTY 1.65D to 1.666G are:

   1) Including CAT support for Yaesu FT-950/2000/5000/9000
   2) New "soundcard" tab for selecting audio input/output
   3) ability to specify different soundcards for receive and transmit
   4) expand available FSK ports from 8 to 16

Only items 2 and 3 are applicable to WriteLog.  CAT support is not
required for WriteLog and WriteLog limits its FSK output (as well
as the output ports in RTTYrite) to COM1-COM8).

 > If I do make the upgrade from 1.65 to 1.66, are there setup
 > issues/changes to be made?

No, you can download the 1.66G "engine" from the MMTTY web site
and expand it over the 1.65D installation.  There are no changes
necessary.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV