Re: [RTTY] USB Sound Card

To: Terry Dunlap <terry@kk6t.com>, rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] USB Sound Card
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 15:49:59 -0400
 > What do you mean by "three port"?

Separate microphone input and analog Line Input which can be
selected by the operating system.  Those cards with separate
mic and line inputs are "three port" cards - Mic In, Line In
and Line Out (or speaker/headphone output).

A "headset adapter" like the CM-108 chipset devices is a "two
port" (Line In, Line Out or Mic In, Headset Out) device.  It
works fine for digital modes but if you are using Writelog
or N1MM Logger their "record the contest" or "record QSOs"
feature uses the Line In to record receiver audio and Mic In
to handle the microphone for voice contesting.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV