Re: [RTTY] Fwd: IARU BEACONS

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Fwd: IARU BEACONS
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 16:49:21 -0800
3KC?  What software are they listening to the beacon with?  Since when do
you need software to listen to a beacon???

I can hear the beacons just fine with my bandwidth set to 250 cycles. on my
TS-450SAT.  It is a CW signal after all.  73
Tom W7WHY

When I monitor the beacons with FAROS, my bandwidth is set to 400 Hz
and everything works FB. I think a +/- 1.5 KHz window is a waste of
bandwidth, especially on a contesting weekend.

Jerry W4UK