Re: [RTTY] ZL8X RTTY?

To: W4TVJoe Subich <lists@subich.com>, Andrei Stchislenok <asnp3d@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ZL8X RTTY?
From: Rafael Antonio Rocha Gomez <xe1grr@yahoo.com.mx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 23:21:28 -0800 (PST)
Hi all, GM.

In the web site of ZL8X
( http://www.kermadec.de/organisation/operating/index.php ; ),they  have the

The goal of the ZL8X digital modes operation is to provide one digital mode
contact with the largest number of DXers, giving these DXers credit for Digital
DXCC purposes.

There will be no PSK operation
.
RTTY rates are slower than CW or SSB. The demand for Kermadec Island contacts
on multiple bands for Five Band DXCC and DXCC Challenge credit is very high.

There is no Five Band Digital DXCC award.

For these three reasons, RTTY operation will be limited to the bands with the
best signals and longest openings to each region of the world: 30m, 20m, 17m
and 15m.

RTTY operations will begin on the first day.

I hope this information help.

Tony,  XE1GRR / 4B1GRR

73's