[RTTY] AFC Issue?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] AFC Issue?
From: "John Holmes" <w9ily@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 17:38:43 -0600
Hi All.
I'm running 10.10.2 in the TARA RTTY contest and have noticed something odd
with the AFC when running. When calling CQ, AFC is in effect. When a station
answers and I respond to him, the AFC is off and stays off until I finish
the QSO. Then it returns to ON. While this is not a major problem, if the
station calling me is off frequency and AFC is used to pick up his call on
his first transmission, his second transmission with the report may be
missed or garbled as the AFC frequency change has been discarded. Have
others seen this?
Thanks and 73,

John W9ILY