Re: [RTTY] VP2E/W1UE Results

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] VP2E/W1UE Results
From: "Stephen/Marilyn Haines" <steveandmarilynhaines@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 06:03:20 -0300
 From Dennis:
> I tried to concentrate on the WARC bands, Europe, and JA, but 15 and 20M
> propagation was just sooo good!  I also found I went through several
> iterations of replying to stations that may be of benefit to others.  At
> first, I just started sending "W1XXX 599".  That resulted in a lot of
> silence when I stopped transmitting- the pile-up hadn't yet stopped.  I
> then went to "W1XXX 599 W1XXX".  That was a little better, but still,
> too often silence greeted me when I stopped transmitting.  The best
> trade-off in rate vs repeats seemed to come when I sent "W1XXX 599 Op
> Dennis W1XXX"- the last callsign was now after the pile-up had subsided,
> and I never heard silence when I stopped transmitting.

Thanks for the experience and insight Dennis. From the few times that my
signal has been good enough to raise a small pile-up, your macro
suggestion has worked best. It seems long enough to get through, yet
short enough to be efficient. I have now put "W1XXX 599 OP STEVE W1XXX"
into both MMTTY and FlDigi.

I did get you on CW in the test, but not on RTTY unfortunately.

73 de Steve ZP9EH