[RTTY] Problem with MMTTY, more

To: RTTY@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Problem with MMTTY, more
From: Edwin Karl <edk0kl@centurytel.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 08:23:58 -0600
I probably should have been more detailed in my description.
I use LPT1 with a laptop/ docking station. It makes for a convenient
workstation when on the air or contesting. Normally I use the desktop
for normal logging, etc. It is not connected to the radio in any way.
I use the serial port to connect to the radio for PSK and other such
modes through a Rigblaster. There is no space for an additional
serial card adapter.

Now I use the circuit that K0RC and JA7UDE publish. An NPN
transistor sinks the voltage from the back of the radio. The transistors
are tied to the computer thru a 3.3k resistor. On my docking station
pin 25 does not go to ground, So I use pin 20. Pin 2 for FSK, Pin
6 for PTT. (K0RC)

Once the computer wakes up, and I open MMTTY the PTT lifts and the
radio is now in receive. It sure sounds like a software issue (?).

Thanks for all that replied.

ed K0KL