[RTTY] Thanks to Jim AD1C & ARRL

To: kx9x@arrl.org, Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Subject: [RTTY] Thanks to Jim AD1C & ARRL
From: Don AA5AU <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 13:13:52 -0800 (PST)
Sean, I want to thank you and the ARRL for the plaque I received yesterday as
the 2010 USA/VE Low Power RTTY Roundup winner.  The new look makes it the
coolest looking plaque I've ever received.  It went on the wall immediately!

I also want to thank Jim, AD1C, for sponsoring the NM7M Memorial plaque.  Jim's
long standing sponsorship of this plaque is greatly appreciated.  I will be
trying very hard to win another one in two weeks.

I know I've been somewhat quiet here on the reflector and in the contests, but
I suffered two devestating lightning strikes over the summer and I'm just about
back to full SO2R operation again.  In addition to having to rebuild the
station, once again, I also relocated my smaller tower and it was completed
last weekend.  I purchased a new 3 element SteppIR with the 30/40 meter loop
dipole after Dayton and it was installed just in time to work the new PJ
entities in October.  It works great.  On the lower tower I will be installing
a KT34M2 if I finish it in time.  I took a KT36M2, which was too big for my
Rohn 25 tower and am converting it to a KT34.  It's been an interesting project
which I hope to complete on Sunday.

I am REALLY looking forward to the 2011 RTTY Roundup and getting back into RTTY
contesting full-time again.

73, Don AA5AU