Re: [RTTY] Post Roundup comments

To: "Jim W7RY" <w7ry@inbox.com>, "Kok Chen" <chen@mac.com>, "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Post Roundup comments
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 14:44:28 -0900
I also had a station give me 'NNJ' as his state.  Rather than get into an
exchange over the proper report I just entered 'NJ' in the log.  I also had
several stations ask "STATE? STATE?"after I sent them a serial number so
apparently they either did not read the rules or the '9' in AL9A threw them
off.  You would think getting a number instead of a state would be a clue!
Of course the important thing to look for is the 'L' which is only in AK
calls.

All of my WL macros were already programmed with contest messages so I had
to keyboard "AK is DX" a few times.  In frustration I finally programmed a
memory location in my microKEYER II to say "ALASKA ALASKA DX DX".  Then when
I got a request for STATE? or QTH? I just reached over to the MKII keyboard
and hit the proper F key.  The only bummer here was I had to shut down WL
for a few minutes while I created the macro for the MKII.  If left running
WL interferes with saving the macro in Router.

73,
Gary AL9A