[RTTY] My Macro Opinion

To: RTTY Reflector <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] My Macro Opinion
From: Susan King <susan.k5du@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 02:53:27 +0000
I think all you guys are thinking backwards. You spend too much time
criticizing
other folks' contest macros and responses.

I was very careful to create and use crisp, no wasted shifts macros.

CQ RU K5DU K5DU CQ
and
YourCall 599 TX TX

Many of the stations in my log used similar crisp clean clear macros. But,
and it is a
major but, some hams sent really good alternative responses.

TU HNY 599 VT VERMONT
and
599 599 599 IN INDIANA
and
599 – IL – IL 599 – IL QSL?
and
HI SUSAN 599 599 CA CA
and
599 CA 094 599 CA 094

and many GL and 73 and even one 88.

What's good about these responses? These hams answered my CQ. They got on
the air and gave me
a point. Sure each one might have cost me a millisecond more, but my score
would have
been much lower without them.

If I erased all the QSOs not acceptable to the macro purists, I would have a
much shorter
log. I appreciate everyone who gave me a QSO, no matter how long it took.

I never did stop to wonder whether QRZ? or CQ? was correct. I would answer
either one.

73, Susan K5DU