Re: [RTTY] Funny signal

To: aa5au@bellsouth.net, chen@mac.com, RTTY@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Funny signal
From: W4LA@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 10:14:36 -0500 (EST)

That's why I use the "monitor" button to check.  Or a second  radio!

Todd / W4LA

In a message dated 1/11/2011 9:34:59 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
aa5au@bellsouth.net writes:

I didn't  see that one but I had many stations calling me with no shift,
just a
steady mark tone.  Normally I'll see this once or twice but it seemed  to
happen
at least 15 different times.  I just sent "STATION CALLING  YOU ARE SENDING
ONLY
A STEADY CARRIER NO SHIFT".   Some kept  calling and some hopefully went
off to
figure out why their FSK keying  circuit wasn't working.

I believe it's important this gets checked  BEFORE the contest. hi

73, Don AA5AU