[RTTY] RTTY RU - Unexpected Participation (What fun)

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY RU - Unexpected Participation (What fun)
From: "K3RWN" <rwnewbould@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 21:31:52 -0500
I had no plans to operate the RU this year as it conflicted with taking my
daughter back to college.  The weather in the northeast prohibited us from
leaving as planned.  We would be delayed for a day.  My shack is pretty much
ready to go as is so getting setup did not take much.  However the shack
went through a major remodeling project the week before Christmas and had
never been tested in a contest.  I had a great time working the RU for about
10 hours on Sat.  I achieved some the highest hourly rates ever with my
vertical antennas.  No wires. No Beams.  I was able to hold a run freq on
40m for hours.  It was nice to see everybody looking/running high on that
band.  I worked over 100 stations on 80 in just over two hours.  I would
like to thank everybody on the list for the info that is passed here.

I had a great time and looking forward to seeing you all in CQ WPX.  Look
for WX3SKY multi-op from our club station.

Rich