[RTTY] Yaesu RTTY power

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Yaesu RTTY power
From: Ktfrog007@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 13:21:48 -0500 (EST)
Hi Bill,

Roger.  FT-2K.  Way more rig than I need, but I got it at a good  price.

In contests I always run full power.  For rag chewing, which is mostly  on
PSK, I run 30-40W.  At my 40 & 80M station, in the basement, I  have an old
TS-940S.  I follow the same rule there.

Kermit, AB1J

In a message dated 1/16/2011 5:49:37 P.M. GMT Standard Time,
dezrat1242@yahoo.com writes:

>I run my rig at full power on RTTY in contests although 50% is  the
>recommendation.

REPLY:

I'm guessing you have  a Yaesu, right? Yaesu recommends a 50% duty cycle,
but I have had a couple  of Yaesus in the past and ran them at full power
on RTTY with no  problem.

Normally I don't recommend exceeding a manufacturer's ratings,  but I
have always felt Yaesu was being overly conservative.

Comments fro other Yaesu owners?

73, Bill  W6WRT