Re: [RTTY] AA6YQ-FIR-512 Ignore Framing Error

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] AA6YQ-FIR-512 Ignore Framing Error
From: Ktfrog007@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 15:59:56 -0500 (EST)
Hi Dave,

Well, while I was out shoveling out my driveway (yet again) with else
nothing to occupy my mind, I thought and thought about this and decided you
were
 correct.  I came back in and set my own profiles and the one of yours I
was  messing with back to IGNORE ON.

Now I just got your email and I agree.  You are right, it is difficult  to
test with real signals.

As I understand it, with IGNORE ON you will get the frame error  character
printed instead of not printed and, if you are lucky, it will be  the right
one.

You might correct me if the above paragraph is wrong or makes no sense
whatsoever. ;-))  I'm tired.

73,
Kermit, AB1J

In a message dated 1/21/2011 8:25:41 P.M. GMT Standard Time,
aa6yq@ambersoft.com writes:

>>>I created a repeatable testing environment using  AE4JY's Pathsim and
VE3NEA's RTTY compare. Decoding a -10 db SNR RTTY signal  is noticeably more
accurate with "Ignore Framing Error"  enabled.

>>>Drawing conclusions from weak on-air signals is  risky, as the quality
of the signal changes from second to  second.

73,

Dave,  AA6YQ