Re: [RTTY] Brag files

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Brag files
From: John Marranca Jr <jmarranca@bnsystems.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 15:41:23 -0500
I think I'm with W7WHY on his comments.  I HAVE actually seen a Zip
Code in a brag file!!

My friend Ed, KC9GWK had this conversation this past weekend.  I had
told him that my macros were set for the NAQP.  He fired back with,
"Aren't YOU the one that said that real men don't use MACROS?!"  I
told him that I DO use macros...but for contest exchanges.  They HAVE
gotten out of hand...especially the ones like so:

Good Morning, dear OM (name) (call) , in (QTH).  Name here is xxx,

[NEXT MACRO]

QTH is xxx.xxx.xxx.  Grid Square, County

AD NAUSEUM.

I enjoy digital modes as much if not more than the next guy.  But, if
I wanted a machine QSO, I'd fire up my old Commodore VIC-20 and pop in
the computer chat program...

My 2 cents.

73 de John KB2HSH

John Marranca, Jr