Re: [RTTY] Off Subject Help Needed - Ghosting a hard drive?

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Off Subject Help Needed - Ghosting a hard drive?
From: Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 13:35:41 -0600
I actually use a more complex scheme and didn't fully explain the entire
process. Yes, I move the old drive into an external USB enclosure. That
drive gets moved from machine to machine, collecting backups but most of
the time sits in a drawer, powered off.

The backups are then transferred to a separate 1.5-Tb backup system. If
that "transportable" drive fails, there is no real data lost. It's just
a matter of extra time to replace it and do another backup. I'm sure
there are better ways to manage backups, but this is working for me...
and I'm resisting change!

I am also a user of the Acronis backup software. It works well and
allows me to "mount" any of my backups like a real drive and retrieve
files on an individual basis.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN