Re: [RTTY] WAZ progress?

To: <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] WAZ progress?
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 20:05:45 -0000
Hello Bill and the group,

I have managed WAZ on RTTY, and my certificate is numbered 121 from 31 May
2000.
I was very surprised that the number was so low at the time, and wonder what
they are up to now. Does anyone know?

Mine was mixed bands, as I wanted the award after chasing Zone 23, which I
managed with a contact from JT.
At the time I started on RTTY, there were no JT's active, and nor were there
any from UA0 active on RTTY.
But, around that time, several JT's became active on RTTY, and now there is
also UA0YAY, who is often in RTTY contests.
Since then I have enough for WAZ on 20m (single band), and I am chasing WAZ
on other bands now too. I am close on 15 and 10m, and a few short on 40m.

Bill, as you have already heard, Robert ST2AR is very active on RTTY, and is
often spotted on the cluster. He is also an LoTW user too.

So, what number WAZ certificates are out there now for RTTY?

73 all

Phil GU0SUP