[RTTY] GU0SUP SOABLP BARTG

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] GU0SUP SOABLP BARTG
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 19:41:25 -0000
Hi all,

Firstly, let me apologise for my rather verbose exchange!
I was forced to do this after operating for about an hour, when I realised
that someone was hijacking my exchanges!
I had a couple of contacts where the person I called came back and told me
he already had my report. Odd, since I had not sent it at that point.
It was only when I was about to hit the F2 key to send the exchange that I
heard tones, so held back and someone was sending a report, but with no
callsigns attached.
So, that is why it was a bit long!

Anyway, I thought the bands were good, but a little odd. Working G's on 20m
is not a good sign, but I was also working JA's and W6's.

The Russian DX contest took up a lot of band-space, even on 20m with SSB
down as low as 14.102, and CW up around 14.085, and 40m was even tighter!

Some nice calls around too! I was called by 9M6XRO, BV1EK, and even FP/W6HGF
on 20m. Allan, thanks for the contact on 10m too! That was a new band slot
for me.
VA7ST on 20m and 15m was nice, as was VE6AO on 20m. Both had excellent
signals here.
And what a treat to find 15m open way after dark here on Sunday evening!
VA7ST, K7IA/5, WN6K, KI6VC and N6QQ were all S9.
It was also good to see a small opening on 10m, especially to the USA.
I did hear 3D2A on 20m, but the pile-up was silly and very noisy, so I gave
up the chance of a new one.

Like others, I also spotted quite a few sending a report without any 599,
but I wonder if they were confused by the Sprint rules, where no RST is
required?
And how many of you got non-contest stations calling? I had more than a few,
and although I am happy to have a quick basic exchange, I had 6 or 7 that
were MY NAME IS, MY GRID IS, MY DOGS NAME IS, I AM RUNNING etc etc.
Given that I was calling CQ BARTG, and I sent TU 599 001 1230, I expected
something brief back, not a 5-minute dialogue!

Here is my summary:
Class: SOAB LP
Operating Time (hrs): 21

   80:     21           13          0
   40:    100          29          4
   20:    281          46         19
   15:     69           19         15
   10:     10            4          6
-----------------------------------
Total:  481           111         44
Continents = 6
Total Score = 447,330

80m Summary
Countries
DL     EA     F      G      GM     GW     HA     I      OM     ON
PA     SM     UR
Call Areas

40m Summary
Countries
9A     CT     DL     EA     EU     F      G      GM     GW     HA
HB     I      K      LA     OE     OH     OK     OM     ON     OZ
PA     S5     SM     SP     UA     UR     VE     YL     YO
Call Areas
K1   K2   K4
VE2

20m Summary
Countries
9A     9M6    BV     CT     DL     DU     E7     EA     ER     ES
EU     F      FP     G      GM     HA     HS     I      IS     JA
K      KL     LA     LY     LZ     OE     OH     OK     OM     OZ
P4     S5     SM     SP     SV     TF     UA     UA9    UN     UR
VE     YL     YO     YU     Z3     ZL
Call Areas
K0   K1   K2   K3   K4   K5   K6   K7   K8   K9
VE1  VE2  VE3  VE6  VE7  VE9
JA1  JA6  JA7

15m Summary
Countries
CM     EA8    ER     EU     HS     HZ     J7     JA     K      LA
LZ     OH     TA     UA     UN     UR     VE     VU     YO
Call Areas
K0   K1   K2   K3   K4   K5   K6   K7   K8   K9
VE2  VE3  VE7
JA6  JA9

10m Summary
Countries
4X     FP     K      UA
Call Areas
K1   K2   K4   K5   K8   K9

Thanks to all for the contacts!
My log is now on LoTW, but paper cards are always welcomed.

73 all

Phil GU0SUP

---
Virus Database (VPS): 110321-0, 21/03/2011
Tested on: 21/03/2011 19:41:25