[RTTY] GU0SUP EA RTTY

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] GU0SUP EA RTTY
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 19:50:13 +0100
Hi all,

Only a very part-time effort from here due to other commitments. I managed
only about 5 hours operating time, and found that conditions were a little
less than good!
With the SFI OK, it was the A at 20 that really screwed it up.

Still, I started out on 10m with HZ1PS, so it looked hopeful at that point.
Sadly, from there, it all went downhill.
I could only operate for about 2 hours on Saturday from the start, and only
a few more hours on Sunday morning.
Sunday was far worse than Saturday for poor propagation, so it was hard to
stay in the chair. Further commitments on Sunday afternoon meant I had to
stop at around midday.

Highlights for me: Grabbing Peter HZ1PS on 10m was good, as was J39BS on
15m, but that was it.
Lowlights were being QRM'd by a CW ditter on 20m when trying to run, and
being worked by one of the usual UT's, who then parks just 170Hz up and
starts calling CQ with what seemed like a kilowatt.

Still, despite that, I did manage to work 9M2TO and 5M2TT on 17m RTTY this
evening! 9M2TO was a new band-slot (to go with the 12m band-slot from
yesterday), and 5M2TT is a new country for me on RTTY.

Here is what I managed in the RTTY test:
Class: SOAB LP (100 watts only)
Operating Time (hrs): 5
Band  QSOs  Mults
-------------------
   80:    5     6
   40:   33    28
   20:   84    50
   15:   36    24
   10:    3     3
Total:  161   111  Total Score = 32,745

Thanks to all for the fun.....

73 de Phil GU0SUP

---
Virus Database (VPS): 110403-0, 03/04/2011
Tested on: 03/04/2011 19:50:13