[RTTY] 10 Meter RTTY Contest thoughts

To: "Rtty Contesting Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] 10 Meter RTTY Contest thoughts
From: "DickT-W0RAA" <dickt@w0raa.com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 20:53:44 -0600
I agree with Ed, W0YK.  Run a 10 meter RTTY contest as a stand
alone for a few times to see how it goes, then approach the ARRL
to make RTTY part of the 10 meter Contest.  Like Ed, I'd be forced to
lean towards CW if it were a choice with all the other modes.  If
forced to pick between SSB & RTTY, I'd have to go RTTY.  I know
that doesn't make a lot of sense.  But in a contest with RTTY, CW, SSB
& RTTY, I have a gut feeling that RTTY is not going to draw the
biggest crowds.  At least not at this point in time.  And as Ed states,
there will be lower activity in all the modes.

Ten meters is coming back and this is a great time to get something
going on the band.  Count me in.

Dick
W0RAA