Re: [RTTY] 300 baud RTTY

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 300 baud RTTY
From: Ktfrog007@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 11:13:11 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Bill,

Well, I experimented with various settings (baud rates, marks and shifts)
and could not print my own transmission properly on my computer screen
above 110 baud, so I doubt I could copy anything intelligibly at 300 baud.
This
is my computer limitation, I guess.  It can't keep up with  itself.  The
rig was not transmitting.

I suggest you find someone locally you can easily work with to run your
tests.  I'm too far away and do not have enough power or a good  enough
antenna system to make reliable skeds from sea to shining sea.

Good luck and let me know how things go.

73,
Kermit, AB1J

In a message dated 6/6/2011 7:09:33 A.M. GMT Standard Time,
dezrat1242@yahoo.com writes:

ORIGINAL  MESSAGE:

On Sun, 5 Jun 2011 22:28:41 -0400 (EDT), Ktfrog007@aol.com  wrote:

> I'd like to try a  QSO with you, but doubt if I'd see  anything but
>garbage.

REPLY:

What time and freq? I'm  retired so most any time at all is good, Can do all
bands from 160 to 10  (except 60, where RTTY is illegal anyway).

If we only hear garbage at  first, lets drop back to 45 baud and then try
higher
rates one at a time.  Ok? Everybody is welcome to join in.

73, Bill  W6WRT