[RTTY] RTTY to Digital DXCC

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY to Digital DXCC
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 18:46:43 -0500
This doesn't seem like a big deal to me and it's probably overdue anyway.  Call
is progress if you will.

I have a couple of entities credited to RTTY DXCC that I only confirmed on
PSK31 and one on Pactor (former Southern Sudan I think).

For years, the accepted names for DXCC Awards were named PHONE, CW and RTTY.
However, digital modes such ASCII, AMTOR, PACTOR, PSK,
MFSK and a whole lot of others are accepted for RTTY DXCC.  Seems only normal
to call it Digital DXCC.  My Honor Roll plaque says
RTTY on it but it wouldn't matter if it said DIGITAL since not all contacts
were confirmed on RTTY.

We all know CW is a digital mode, but reality tells us that CW is just CW.
What I never really never understood is why SSTV
contacts count toward PHONE DXCC and not Digital DXCC.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com