Re: [RTTY] Digital DXCC

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Digital DXCC
From: "Clint Talmadge W5CPT" <w5cpt@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 17:58:14 -0500
Few are aware but the ARRL has started a forum :  http://www.arrl.org/forums

In the list of headings is DXCC.  I posted the question there and got a very
interesting answer.  If you are registered on the  ARRL website you are
registered on the forum.

Here is the question I asked:

"What was the logic behind dropping RTTY DXCC and making it Digital?

Clint - W5CPT"

Here is the answer I got:

"Clint, the logic behind the change is that other data modes in addition to
RTTY are already counted toward RTTY DXCC. The DX Advisory Committee offered
several alternative names, the simplest of which was Digital DXCC, and in
this case simplicity won out.

There is no change in the requirements for the award -- just the name.

73,
Dave Sumner, K1ZZ"
Clint Talmadge ? W5CPT