[RTTY] RTTY DXCC or not.....

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY DXCC or not.....
From: Roger Cooke <g3ldi@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 13:27:49 +0100 (BST)
Hi.

  Been reading the thread here and as I have been on RTTY since the early 60s I
too would like my RTTY DXCC
to have just that on it.  HOWEVER......

Playing devil's advocate, I can see why the data modes are all being treated as
one now. ALL Data modes are now

used on the air using a computer, including RTTY. So, RTTY is NOT really RTTY
any more. We are not using a

teleprinter ( or at least most of us are not ) so it is just another data mode.
I made over 200 countries using a teleprinter
but obviously I cannot now obtain my RTTY DXCC, something I would have liked to
have done.

 So, I should have applied for RTTY DXCC many years ago, all my fault!  That's
life I guess!

Regards from Roger, G3LDI
Swardeston, Norfolk.