Re: [RTTY] ST0R rtty and rtty calling

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ST0R rtty and rtty calling
From: Dave Barr <recordupe@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 16:24:38 -0400
I think the thing to be grateful for in re ST0R is that as far as I
could tell, they had a station on rtty all the time.  I don't think any
first time new entity dxpedition has ever done that.

And I will repeat my old observation:  As long as the DXpedition's
transmission is shorter than those of the calling stations, many calling
stations will continue to call during and after the dx has responded to
a station because they have not heard them, causing qrm and reducing qso
rate, as exemplified by the frequent multiple calls needed by ST0R to
complete a qso.

In regard to the number of RTTY qso's I make with a DXpedition to a new
country: I make one at 500 watts on one band, and (usually much later if
at all) one on another band QRP, which I am glad to say I was able to do
this time.

73

Dave, K2YG