[RTTY] SCC SOABLP non-assisted

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] SCC SOABLP non-assisted
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 19:16:08 +0100
Hi all,

Hmmm. Strange conditions form here. G's worked on 15m and 20m, but could not
hear W1 easily, yet VE7CC called me, and sounded like an EU station!
10m was totally dead here, and I was checking every 10 minutes or so, but
not one single station heard there.
15m closed early for me, so it was back to 20m, then a trip to 40m before
tea.
After tea, I tried some more on 40m, but it was hard to find new stations.
80m yielded only a few contacts, and was otherwise dead and noisy.
I must have something bad for tea, as I felt quite lousy late evening, and
did not stay in the shack. Maybe if conditions had been better, it would
have been easier, but I went to bed to see if that would make me feel
better.
No, and I did not get to sleep till around 0400UTC. That meant I did not
wake up early, and so missed any chance of an opening to W/VE on 40m.
Still, 20m was good, and I was more than surprised  when W0NA called me at
0943UTC. That is seriously early to hear a W0 in GU. It was Mike W0YR at the
keys with a huge signal.

Despite feeling less than great, I had some fun, and had a few good runs. I
must have been spotted a few times, judging by the sudden increase in
callers.

Sunday morning was odd, with UA9's very loud, and UA3/UT's almost inaudible
on 20m. 15m was poor too, with very few stations around that I could hear.

I didn't bother with the cluster, as that doesn't indicate which are mults.
It's best to just pile in and work anyone and everyone.
You never know who will be a mult!

Oldest year was 1933 from W0NA, and most recent was 2009 from a few
different stations.

Saw a few odd things, such as a G/DL station in the contest. He ought to
have been signing M/DL, not G/. Also saw ZD7VC with a silly pile-up, and
never saw whether he was in the contest.
EF8AKN was also enjoying a pile-up, but he wasn't in the contest, and was
NOT giving out a year. I wonder how many logs HE will appear in! I did work
him, but claimed zero points for that one.

Here is what I managed:
Class: SOAB LP
Operating Time (hrs): 10.5

   80:     4         9      4
   40:    43       88    32
   20:   194     421    56
   15:    50      123    37
   10:     0         0       0
Total:  291     641   129
Claimed Total Score = 82,689

Thanks to all for the fun,

73 de Phil GU0SUP

---
Virus Database (VPS): 110828-0, 28/08/2011
Tested on: 28/08/2011 19:16:09