[RTTY] Thanks for contest robots...

To: rtty contesting rttycontesting <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Thanks for contest robots...
From: Fabi va2up <va2up@live.ca>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 21:40:30 -0400
Hi all,

aside from the obvious reasons why a contest robot is a wonderful tool for us
to upload our logs to, the 'NEW' Bartg robot saved me today. After loading this
weekend's Bartg Sprint 75 log onto it, the robot immediately replied and what I
got was ... a serious mess! 274 errors and to tell you quite frankly it did
look a bit confused and so was I.  I went back to my sent e-mail and opened the
.log file. What I had just sent was the DL-DX 6h contest log of last
july...oops. Now that's funny since I always produce a Cabrillo that I
temporarly put onto the Desktop to send as attachement and then file away by
renaming the file in to a Contest Logs File. So for an unknown reason the
correct Bartg Cabrillo was on the desktop but when I tried to send it as
attachement somehow the DL-DX was being sent instead.
I then thought I'd better take a look at my e-mails to the recent Sartg and
Russian WW just to see and...yes indeed I had sent the same DL-DX log to both
of them but since these use no robot I was never warned that my log was
incorrect. Resent to both contest managers and got a quick reply from Ewe
SM7BMH who will make the correction and has my deepest appreciation. No answer
from the Russian WW but then again I had never got confirmation from them even
on my first attempt...time will tell I guess.
So kudos to Bartg for the new system it works wonderful and to Ewe for standing
behind his contest!! Now that's what I call a 'contest manager'!

73 hope to work you all in a few days...

Fabi  va2up
http://sites.google.com/site/va2upcontesting/