[RTTY] Website Problems

To: "'RTTY Reflector'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Website Problems
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 18:25:21 -0500
I am unable to make updates to rttycontesting.com and aa5au.com at this time.

Last week I noticed I was unable to access or edit my websites aa5au.com and
rttycontesting.com using Microsoft FrontPage.  I also
tried using Microsoft's SharePoint program and that doesn't work either.  Both
sites are hosted by Yahoo Small Business webhosting.
I didn't have time to deal with it then because of the impending CQWW RTTY
contest.  Just today I found out that Yahoo no longer
supports FrontPage extensions and I can no longer use FrontPage to edit my
website.  Unfortunately I didn't receive Yahoo's notice
that this was going to happen so I am left high and dry here.

I am looking for a program to transition to in order to edit my sites.  Yahoo
made suggestions but I am unfamiliar with any other
site building tools so wonder if anyone out there can suggest something that
will make the transition from FrontPage easier.  I
didn't do anything fancy in the sites like CSS or anything.  The only thing
that "belongs" to FrontPage are the backgrounds.  So I
hoping I'm not going to have a big problem moving to another program.

Some suggestions made by Yahoo:
Microsoft Expression Studio 4 Web Professional $150
Adobe Dreamweaver $119

Of course I'd like something a cheaper since I need it on 2 PCs.  Suggestions
welcome, please reply direct and not to the reflector.
Thanks!

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com