Re: [RTTY] DXP-38 or DSP-4100

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] DXP-38 or DSP-4100
From: "Ed Muns" <ed@w0yk.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 18:50:31 -0700
I've never found a soundcard to be a limiting factor in RTTY.  I've used the
internal soundcard on laptops and desktops with no impact on performance.
Few laptops have stereo LINE IN, however, so in those cases I use a low-end
USB dongle such as the iMic.  (I typically use the left and right channels
for the main and sub-receivers, but they could be used for the main
receivers in two radios for SO2R on one computer.)

This experience may not apply to some of the other digital modes like PSK31.

Ed - W0YK

Nick, W4GKM, asked: