Re: [RTTY] 45 baud

To: "'RTTY Reflector'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 45 baud
From: "Jim McDonald" <jim@n7us.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 07:03:01 -0600
Since MMTTY has both 45 and 45.45 baud rates, I was curious whether my HAL
DXP38 was using 45 or the precise 45.45 baud rate, so I asked Joe K9SZ at
HAL.  The manual doesn't say, and neither does the current HAL software for
the DXP38, DXPWin 3.0.5, which works well for me with Windows 7/64, BTW.

Joe just responded:

  Hi Jim,

  I was curious as well after reading the post on the list.

  The DXP38 uses the 22ms bit period. This calculates to 1000ms/22ms =
45.4545. baud

  Yes, we have sold out of the DXP38. Thank you very much for owning one.

  73
  Joe Wittmer K9SZ

Jim N7US