[RTTY] 45 or 45.45 baud?

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] 45 or 45.45 baud?
From: "John Marranca, Jr" <KB2HSH@amsat.org>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 09:15:17 -0500
Good morning, everyone.

I'm sure that this subject has been beaten to death, but even after 23
years of hamming, there are some areas that I consider myself a
newbie...and RTTY contesting is one of them...even after a year or two
doing it.  On the page for the 10-RTTY Contest, it had mentioned that the
recommended setting for RTTY was 45.45 baud, but clearly, it seemed that
everyone was using 45 baud.  Is this correct?  fldigi 3.10 on my Mac Pro
was in 45 baud and I could work everyone with NO trouble.

Any input, fellas??

John KB2HSH

--

John Marranca, Jr