[RTTY] Robots and the Name for ARRL 10 Meter RTTY Contest

To: CTDXCC List List <ctdxcc@kkn.net>, RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>, fldigi list <linuxham@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Robots and the Name for ARRL 10 Meter RTTY Contest
From: Richard Kriss <rmkriss@att.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 21:02:46 -0600
Heads-up if you try to get the ARRL tqsl.app to sign your ARRL 10 Meter
Cabrillo file for upload to the LoTW robot.

The ARRL 10 Meter RTTY contest rules say the name of the contest name is
"10-RTTY" and that is the name the contest robot wants and expects in your
Cabrillo header.

http://www.rttycontesting.com/the10meterrttycontest/rules.html

6.3. All logs must be submitted in Cabrillo file format.  The CONTEST tag in
the Cabrillo header for this contest is 10-RTTY.

When I tried to get LoTW's tqsl.app to sign my Cabrillo log, it came back with

Signing using CALL=AA5VU, DXCC=291
Error: Signing aborted due to errors
Error: /Users/dkriss/Desktop/ARRL 10 RTTY 4-DEC-11/aa5vu.log:
/Users/dkriss/Desktop/ARRL 10 RTTY 4-DEC-11/aa5vu.log: Cabrillo unknown
CONTEST: 10-RTTY

The easy workaround was to change "10-RTTY" to "ARRL-RTTY" and then tqsl let me
create the .tq8 file so it could be emailed or uploaded to the LoTW Robot.

Yes, I know the tqsl.app could have signed my fldigi ADIF format contest log;
however, I find it easier and personally prefer to have tqsl to sign my
Cabrillo files for contest logs.

If tqsl objects to the contest 10-RTTY name for the ARRL 10 Meter RTTY contest,
just change the contest name to "ARRL-RTTY" and try again. Just remember you
have to use "10-RTTY" for the contest robot.

73 Dick AA5VU