Re: [RTTY] FW: QRZ.com virus

To: Doug McDuff <w4ox@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] FW: QRZ.com virus
From: David Levine <david@levinecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 08:35:36 -0500
I also viewed the source of QRZ web callsign pages and the "ads" if you see
them are nothing but animated GIFs hosted by QRZ. After you click one, you
are redirected through QRZ to the site to the actually ad site. I don't
think those animated GIFs would be the cause as they are just images
without any code. The bottom of the QRZ pages show a single Google hosted
advertisement.

I don't use Norton so I can't test what it might flag but as I mentioned in
an earlier post, Norton has been known to improperly flag completely
clean/legit executables as being infected (N1MM and others as I mentioned)
when they are not infected.

David - K2DSL