[RTTY] GU0SUP Roundup

To: "'RTTY Contesting'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] GU0SUP Roundup
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 18:29:02 -0000
Hi all,

My first contest of 2012, as I missed out on the SARTG HNY contest.

Up to the weekend, conditions were quite good, but they obviously dropped a
bit over the weekend, as 10m was pretty poor.

I started out on 40m, hoping to give 80m a good bash, but the heavy winds we
had experienced in the week leading up to the contest had stretched my 80m
inverted L, and the SWR was less than ideal.
After an hour or so, I had worked everything I could hear on 40m, and
decided to call it quits then and take a rest break.
That was longer than anticipated, but early on Sunday morning, there were
many W's on 40m, so things were looking up.
20m seemed in good shape, and I gave that a good go before venturing up to
15m. I did manage a few contacts on 10m, but other than those, there was
nothing heard on the band for most of the day.

I spent as much time as I could CQ'ing on 20m, but - as usual - I suffered
at the hands of several stations who obviously saw a spot for me, worked me,
and then sat so close I couldn't hear anything.
I also got loads of callers who couldn't hear me reply to them, and some -
one W3 in particular - just kept calling and calling over and over again. I
did work him in the end, and he had to ask for a repeat of my callsign AND
the serial number!

Great to see so much activity too, and it was pleasing to get into the west
coast as well.
I could see AL9A and KH6ZM being worked, but I had almost no copy on either
- a pity!

Here is what I managed:
------------
   80:    4
   40:   64
   20:  118
   15:   78
   10:    9
------------
Op time - about 13 hours
Total:  273  State/Prov = 42
Countries = 60
Total Score = 27,846

My log is now on LoTW.

73 all

Phil GU0SUP

---
Virus Database (VPS): 120109-0, 09/01/2012
Tested on: 09/01/2012 18:29:03