[RTTY] RTTY Roundup and Email

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY Roundup and Email
From: "John GW4SKA" <ska@bartg.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 22:06:40 -0000
Some time during the contest this was sent to me:

*Hello John, GW4SKA
*I noticed you answering several hams on 15m. I would like to work you on this
contest. If you plan on calling CQ, let me know the freq and I will go to it.

For future reference I don't make checking my email a priority during a contest
:-)

My beam was damaged on Thursday in the strong winds and had to come down,
leaving me with just a vertical and 2 bands, 40 and 15. Then the radio started
doing weird random things during the test. Turned out that an op-amp
controlling the fan was faulty, the fan stopped and everything got very hot ...
still too hot to touch the case 30 minutes after shutdown. Apologies to anyone
whose contact with me got dropped.

Changed to the spare radio and did the fault-finding between Qs. Ordered a
replacement chip before the end of the test. Missed the early morning slot to
NA on 40 but tried to make it up last night. Another great contest!

Cheers,
John GW4SKA

649 QSO points x 112 multipliers = 72688 claimed score

42 states, 5 provinces, 65 countries

If only I'd been able to use 80, 20 and 10 ............