Re: [RTTY] Dropped last character in transmission during RTTYRoundup

To: Jim Hargrave <w5ifp@gvtc.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Dropped last character in transmission during RTTYRoundup
From: iain macdonnell - N6ML <ar@dseven.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 10:34:46 -0800
On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 8:48 AM, Jim Hargrave <w5ifp@gvtc.com> wrote:
>  > What I did see was people not putting a space at the end of
>  > your messages so someone would send CQ and I couldn't get their
>  > callsign:
>  >
>  > CQ RU W1XYZRUVMXOONFEONB
>
> Hi Don,
>
> This has been one of my complaints for a long time. I have
> adopted a policy of not even responding to them.
> Some folks just don't get the message.

How do you expect someone to get a message if you don't send one??

If it bothers you that much, program a macro to send a quick hint "PSE
INCLUDE A SPACE BEFORE AND AFTER YOUR CALLSIGN" .. or make a note of
the call, and email them later ... but ignoring them doesn't seem
useful to anyone....

    ~iain / N6ML