[RTTY] A Remarkable Accomplishment

To: RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] A Remarkable Accomplishment
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 15:47:51 -0800
In chatting with my friend Ron, K0IDT last night, he casually commented
on something which I think is an amazing feat.

Using no more than 20 watts and a sloper no higher than 35 feet, he has
worked all states on 160 meters using the JT65 mode.

I have been trying for several years to work all states on 160 using
1500 watts of RTTY and am only half way there, so I know how hard it is.
To do it as Ron has done is amazing - the only word for it.

JT65 is not for everybody. It is slower than watching paint dry, but it
is highly effective. If you'd like more information, go to
http://hflink.com/jt65/

There is lots of JT65 activity currently, so give it a try if you're at
all curious. If you have a PSK setup, that's all the hardware you need.
Just download the free software and have at it. I should mention that
JT65 is time-critical so you should have a means of setting your
computer clock very accurately such as Dimension4 or something similar.
Very important.

Again, congratulations Ron!!

73, Bill W6WRT