Re: [RTTY] Lets try again on the FT857 problem

To: Nelson Moyer <ku0a@mchsi.com>, RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Lets try again on the FT857 problem
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 21:59:30 -0500
Try,

pin 1 Data IN to TX Audio ("line out") on your sound card
Pin 2 ground to ground/chassis/audio return on your interface and SC.
Pin 3 PTT to PTT output on your interface
Pin 4 data out (9600 bps/discriminator audio for FM) - not used
Pin 5 Data Out (1200) to RX Audio ("line in") on your sound card
Pin 6 Squelch - not used

Labels are from the perspective of the FT-8x7

Pin 5 is recommended for audio recording (would work well with a
sound card or TNC) on pg 18 of the manual.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV