[RTTY] K3: CW to DATA (was Re: WPX funnies)

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] K3: CW to DATA (was Re: WPX funnies)
From: Mike Tessmer <mtessmer@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 15:57:09 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
>There is also a new kind of slow RTTY, from guys keying CW into a K3.

That would include me.  I've always wondered what it looks like on the other
end.  I usually set the keyer at 36WPM and notice the data that scrolls across
the screen when I'm in TX is at about the same pace as what scrolls across on
RX.  36WPM has been a good compromise speed for me as far as keeping data
moving along and minimizing errors.  I've made some 1600 RTTY QSOs and 184 DXCC
this way in the past couple years.

Hope I'm not causing too much hardship on the other end!

73, Mike K9NW