Re: [RTTY] Funny you should mention.....

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Funny you should mention.....
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 13:58:46 -0700
Hey, started out with a Model 14 strip printer here.  Used a 555 op-amp tu.
Moved up to a Model 15 with a DT-600 (ST-6 and AFSK generator on 1 board)
and never looked back.

Also had a Drake for the first RTTY rig.  But, it was a TR-3.

I remember when you used to call CQ RTTY on CW on 7140 and then when someone
answered, you would move to RTTY.  73
Tom W7WHY

OK, you guys are going waaaay back -- Model 26, anyone? <grin>.

I jumped on the RTTY train during the Drake '4-line' era (with a
homebrew ST-6). The T-4 series of transmitters had a conveniently
mounted lug on the  5 MHz VFO and a convenient spare hole on the back of
the chassis for an extra RCA jack.

Jeez, I really miss Drake...it was truly the radio man's radio.