[RTTY] SP contest from GU0SUP

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] SP contest from GU0SUP
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 18:30:02 +0100
Hi all,

Wow, what a weekend here! The contest started OK for me, and I managed to
pick up some nice mults early on, so I was happy with the way things were
going.
That is until around 1900UTC, when the winds really picked up here, along
with torrential rain.
The rain played havoc with the SWR on my antennas too.
This was due to stay with us all night, and as I could barely hear anything
on any band, I decided an early night was in the offing!
During the night, wind speeds got up to 50MPH at times, causing a lot of
damage around the island, and the heavy rain made things very nasty.
Thankfully, the wind and rain had dies down by early Sunday morning, so I
hit 40m, but only managed a few more mults there before going up to the
higher bands.
I spent as much time as I could calling CQ, which was good fun, and the
rates were OK at times.
In the end, I managed all 16 Provinces on 20m, and was only one short on
15m. I had expected to find more on 40m, but only found a few.

All in all, good fun, but conditions were a little odd. Most W/VE stations
were weak with me, yet Caribbean and South American stations were booming
in, as was YB/DU.

I had planned a short burst in the BARTG 75Baud contest too, but a power cut
put paid to that!

Anyway, here is my claimed score for the SP-RVG contest:
Band  QSOs  Pts   Mults
-----------------------------
   80:     0        0        0
   40:    24     125      22
   20:   150    825      50
   15:    85     565      48
   10:     3       25         3
-----------------------------
Total:  262  1540   123  Continents = 6
Total Score = 1,136,520

Thanks to all for the points, and the fun.
My log is already on LoTW.

73 de Phil GU0SUP

  _____

avast! Antivirus <http://www.avast.com> : Inbound message clean.

Virus Database (VPS): 120430-0, 30/04/2012
Tested on: 30/04/2012 18:30:02

---