Re: [RTTY] HK0NA

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] HK0NA
From: "Michael Haack, WB9B" <mikehaack@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2012 14:29:17 -0500
HKØNA QSL UPDATE
MAY 2, 2012
HKØNA QSL'S HAVE BEEN PRINTED AND AWAIT TRUCK TRANPORTATION PICKUP for
TRANSIT FROM OHIO TO NEW JERSEY.
THE CARDS ARE ON A 2' X 4' SKID AND WEIGH 356 POUNDS!
WE HOPE THIS GIVES YOU ALL A LITTLE INSIGHT INTO HOW BIG THIS QSL
OPERATION WILL BE.
WE ESTIMATE THAT THE HKØNA QSL CARD PROCESSING SHOULD STARTSOMETIME IN
MAY-JUNE, 2012.
WE ARE CURRENTLY BUSY OPENING MAIL, AND PRE-PROCESSING THE LOG FOR LABEL
PRINTING.
PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT THIS WILL BE AN ENORMOUS OPERATION AND WILL TAKE
TIME TO PROCESS.
QSL CARDS WILL NOT BE MAILED ALL AT ONE TIME.
WE HAVE PRE-PROCESSED ABOUT 1/2 OF THE DIRECT OQRS REQUESTS.
ANOTHER TEAM MEMBER HAS BEGUN TO PRE-PROCESS DIRECT MAIL.
NOTE: All QSL confirmations are done manually using DX4WIN.
We hope that by the time we handle another QSL operation, we will have a
more automated process in place.
We did not have time to set up anything new for this operation. (Yes, we
tried).
Hopefully, next time we will have something more streamlined.
So, rather than risk problems, we went with what we were most familiar
with. Manual labor!
We have used DX4WIN for many past DXpeditions and feel quite comfortable
utilizing it again, this time for HKØNA.

May 2 update: The pre-processing continues. More manpower has been added
to the pre-processing work.
It is looking like "Late May/Early June" for the first mailings to start
going out.
LoTW upload is scheduled for sometime around early September 2012. This
gives us proper time to purify the log.
WE WILL MAKE FURTHER ANNOUNCEMENTS RIGHT HERE.