Re: [RTTY] The Case for QYF (was We Need a New Strategy)

To: "jim" <wb5aaa@windstream.net>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] The Case for QYF (was We Need a New Strategy)
From: "W8AEF" <w8aef@q.com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 08:18:31 -0700
>From the DX standpoint - yes.  Many DXpeditions use N1MM and MMTTY.  With
the receiver filter set to wide (2KHz), you get a small but useable
bandscope that sees 1KHz.

I work a station and then visually observe a signal that I think I can copy.
Tune to that signal precisely and that is when he has sent his call the two
or three times and is standing by, listening for me.  At this point we are
both listening.  If he quickly sends his call again I identify him and we
make the contact.  If he waits too long the rate suffers or I am tuning for
someone else.

de Paul, W8AEF

ZF2JI/ZF2TA 8Q7AA FO8DX/FO0PLA XZ0A VU7RG/VU3PYM TX5A A52PP