[RTTY] FW: reply to W7AY

To: "RTTY, Contesting" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] FW: reply to W7AY
From: "Dick White" <whiter26@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 19:25:46 -0500
Chen and all,

My Signalink has been checked out and is working properly. The DIN is 5 pins
and into the RTTY socket of the Mark-5. This the socket Tigtertronics say to
use. I have been using it that way since last fall. I know the Signalink is
AFSK only and has not been a problem. After two conversations with
Tigertronics, they and I have come to the conclusion that you are correct in
that the radio may not be sending out audio from the radio through the DIN
connector. I do not have a scope, but I think someone in my club has one. I
will check that as soon as I am able to get one. The cable has been checked
and it is good (pins 1-1, 2-2 etc). There are no lose jumper wires as I use
the new module instead and wires are not used.  The software is MMTTY 168A
and N1MM. I have tried your suggestion about using a wide band width and
nothing happened. I am not sure where to look to see if the tone pairs are
the same. I am not ashamed to ask you how I do that :-)  My club NET meets
tonight and I will ask for a scope to use.

My thanks to all for your help.

Dick   KS0M

Richard C. "Dick" White
Fulton, Missouri 65251 U.S.A.