Re: [RTTY] CQ Hamburg, Copenhagen

To: 'Jim Rhodes' <jimk0xu@gmail.com>, RTTY Contesting <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] CQ Hamburg, Copenhagen
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 19:41:25 -0400
Copenhagen is expensive.

I usually stay at the Sofitel Plaza (I think it's just "The Plaza" now that
Sofitel sold the hotel).  It's right across from the main train station.  At
the other end of the city, near Nyhavn, is the Admiral which is also nice.

Between the train station and Nyhavn is a long pedestrian street which has tons
of restaurants and bars.  The entrance to Tivoli is at the train station end.
Nyhavn has a number of decent restaurants, though I can't remember the names
offhand.  It's hard to go wrong. In the summer, it's fun just to sit at a
sidewalk table, drink beer (Carlsburg sucks, IMO) and watch people coming and
going along the canal.

At the end of Jorks passage (you'll see it along the pedestrian street) are a
couple of decent Italian restaurants.  Also worth looking for is La Senora
Vecchia (or something like that).

If you're into metal music, check out Lades at night.

Don't walk real far to go see the Little Mermaid.  Although I was not expecting
a Collosus of Rhodes, it is quite underwhelming.

Al
AB2ZY