Re: [RTTY] More on question marks

To: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] More on question marks
From: Ed <autek@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 15:04:55 -0400
On 06/22/2012 01:53 PM, Bill Turner wrote:
> I sent out two score summaries today using plain text instead of rich
> text. They are both dated June 22.
>

> Please tell me if they are more readable. This message is also in
> plain text.
>

> I am using Firefox and Yahoo's web based email.
>
> 73, Bill W6WRT RTTY List Administrator at contesting.com

Look and see if you are using UTF-8 or Western(ISO-88589-1).

Depending on which encoding I used the question marks showed (UTF-8).

All of my outgoing mail is plain text. Most of my incoming is HTML,
Google on html mail virus, and see why some of us prefer plain text.

I use Thunderbird that just released an update.

Yahoo mail is HTML and I always have to rewrap to get it in the proper
plain text format. I send mail to Yahoo via my smtp server and
Thunderbird for palin text formatting.

I might add that I also use Linux.

Ed W3NR